11:30am–1:30pm Sunday 15 March
To succeed takes patience, persistence, and passion. But how do we stay patient, persistent, and passionate throughout our long and often lonely writing journey?
Today's author needs to be mentally prepared to battle through the multitude of writers that are appearing daily on the scene. I'll share with you helpful lessons I've learned throughout my writing career, plus you'll take home tips that will keep you fuelled to keep writing, keep writing, and keep writing.
This seminar will cover:
- How to find more time to write by saying no (and not feel guilty about saying no)
- How to turn rejection from a red light into a green light
- How to find your inner determination to keep writing
- How publishers and editors are thinking, and why you should think that way, too
- How to apply everyday situations to improve your mental stamina
Cost: $25 members, $40 non-members
Venue: ACT Writers Centre workshop room
Bookings: You can book by phone on 6262 9191, online or at the office. Payment is required at time of booking.